The School of Business maintains a CFP Board Registered Financial Planning Program that satisfies the course work requirement to sit for the CFP certification exam. Students who successfully complete the Program will receive a certificate of completion that can be presented to the CFP Board. CFPs are financial advisors that guide individuals in a variety of areas such as retirement planning, investing, insurance, estate planning, risk management, and taxes.
License: Certified Financial Planner (CFP)
License Website: CFP Board Certification Process (please note the two part eduaction requirement includes earning a bachelors degree or higher).
Additional Information: The Board-registered Program at the University of Southern Maine requires the student to complete the following courses:
- FIN 321 Personal Financial Planning
- FIN 327 Investment Management
- FIN 499 Financial Planning Capstone
- RMI 320 Introduction to Risk Management and Insurance
- RMI 330 Health, Life, and Disability Insurance
- ACC/FIN 3XX Estate Planning (the course number is under revision.)
- ACC 413 Concepts and Strategies in Taxation
For More information on required courses and the program visit the catalog for more details.