We connect students with business leaders and the community to create a better world using business concepts learned in the classroom. We do team community outreach projects that empower people in need by applying business and economic concepts and an entrepreneurial approach to improve their standard of living and quality of life.
What does Enactus stand for?
- ENtrepreneurial: having the perspective to see an opportunity and talent to create value from that opportunity;
- ACTion: the willingness to do something and the commitment to see it through even when the outcome is not guaranteed;
- US: a collection of people who see themselves connected in some important way; individuals that are part of a greater whole.
Work on a Local Issue
- Connecting with local business such as Allagash Brewery and Coffee by Design to work on issues related to business sustainability and environmental responsiblity.
- Fundraise by holding local events to support our projects and applying for grants.
- Working to develop employment opportunities for vulnerable groups of people in the community who may have trouble finding work.
- We are teaming up with Husky Day of Service to give USM students the opportunity to volunteer for causes they feel passionate about.
- Promote the triple bottom line by running projects that help people and the planet, while making a profit so the group can make more projects come to fruition.
Enactus is not only a fantastic way to volunteer in your community but you can also receive credits for your great work. Enroll in BUS 384 and partake in an Enactus project. Here, you will brainstorm changes you want to see in the world and take action in an effort to address the problem. This is a great way to connect with your peers and work to make a positive impact on the world around you.
Connect with Business Leaders
Enactus allows for a great deal of networking. As an Enactus member, you have more connections with numerous national corporations and their career and internship opportunities. It is also known in the Greater Portland business community, which will help with job opportunities.
Measure Your Impact
Enactus sets up a National Exposition so that every Enactus team can share its success. Each team creates a presentation and shares its story. Executives from Enactus donor companies, such as Wal-Mart, Unilever and Ford, judge these competitions. Teams that judges think have the greatest impact in their community move to later rounds of the national competition and the very best make it to the World Cup.
Since 2012, the USM has attended multiple national events in St. Louis, Kansas City and most recently Washington D.C. At these events, we have the opportunity to share our work, meet industry leaders, and gain inspiration from other teams. There is also a career fair which promotes collaboration and networking with potential future employers in the fields of business.
Check out the USM Enactus website
USM Enactus has a website,http://enactususm.weebly.com/ Go there to check out our projects, our team membership, and our blog. At our YouTube site, http://www.youtube.com/user/usmenactus/ we have many videos, including one from our most recent trip to D.C that captures the presentation of our team.
Join USM Enactus!!!
If you are interested in joining USM Enactus, we’d love to have you! We can use your help on all projects or new projects. To join:
- Drop by one of our meetings on April 11th, or May 2nd which take place from 4:10 to 4:55 pm in room Luther Bonney 523.
- We are also holding a pizza party at 5 pm on April 18th specifically designed to welcome new members and share our experience with Enactus. Please join us for this event!
- Contact USM Enactus Head of Recruiting Adam Clark at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Contact Professor Richard Bilodeau at 780-4302 or email@example.com
Enactus: Dedicated to making the world a better place through entrepreneurial action.™