Located in Portland, Maine, the USM School of Business features an acclaimed faculty and serious, career-minded students working hand-in-hand with New England's business leaders to create academic and real world, practice-based partnerships bothinside the classroom and the business place.
AACSB accreditation is the mark of quality distinction most widely sought after by business schools -- fewer than 5% worldwide have earned the achievement. Explore our site and find out why the School of Business at USM should be your choice for a business education.
We prepare lifelong, entrepreneurial thinkers fluent in business technologies.
Mission Statement Components:
- The USM School of Business prepares students through community-engaged, applied, and experiential learning.
- We develop innovative and creative thinkers comfortable with ambiguity and able to adapt to change.
- We give students the tools, techniques, and analyses to support strategic and operational goals.
- We promote intellectually curious, lifelong learners open to seeing the world differently and able to recognize and seize opportunities, understand and analyze risk, plan and marshal resources, and act on solutions to create value.
- Student learning and success is our first priority and assumes meaningful student/faculty interactions and relationships.
- We are committed to creating and maintaining an atmosphere of respect, responsibility, and integrity.
- We value diversity of thought and culture.
- We believe good business requires ethical principles and sustainable practices.
- We believe alumni and community partners offer valuable insights about how we fulfill our mission.
Undergraduate Learning Goals:
- Our students will be effective team members who know how to exercise shared leadership.
- Our students will be effective communicators in a professional setting.
- Our students will exercise ethical understanding and reasoning in an organizational context.
- Our students will be reflective, analytical thinkers.
- Our students will demonstrate business disciplinary competence.