Assistant Professor and Social Studies Educator
- Ph.D., Curriculum, Instruction, and Teacher Education, Michigan State University
- M.A., Teaching and Curriculum, Michigan State University
- B.A. History/Secondary Education, University of Illinois, Urbana-Champaign
Refered Journal Articles
- Kean, E., & Schmitt, A. J. (2015). What's missing from the textbook?: An inquiry-based lesson plan on the untold histories of labor unions. Georgia Social Studies Journal, 5 (1). Retrieved from: http://coe.uga.edu/assets/docs/hubs/gssj/vol_5_no_1/kean-schmitt-2015.pdf
- Jacobsen, R., Halvorsen, A-L., Frasier, A., Schmitt, A., Crocco, M., & Segall, A. (revise and resubmit). High school students' evaluation of evidence sources. - under review at Theory and Research in Social Education; Received revise and resubmit invitation.
- Segall, A., Trofanenko, B., & Schmitt, A.J. (in press). Critical theory and history education. In S. Metzger and L. Harris (Eds.), Wiley International Handbook of History Teaching and Learning. Wiley.
- Schmitt, A.J., Bylsma, J.M., & Magda, Z. (2012). Violence overload? Promoting sensitivity to human suffering: The case of Bosnia. Retrieved from: http://www.reeec.illinois.edu/Violence_Overload.html
- American Educational Research Association (2013-present)
- American Educational Studies Association (2017)
- College and University Faculty Assembly, National Council for the Social Studies (2013-present)