We’re here for you!
With over eight degree programs the USM School of Education and Human Development offers a full range of high quality, accredited programs. In the area of teaching we offer initial teacher certification programs at both the undergraduate and graduate level. Our counselor education program is fully accredited by CACREP and offers concentrations in school, clinical mental health and rehabilitation.
We also offer advanced education and endorsements in school administration, special education, literacy, and English as a second language. Our school psychology program leads to a PsyD and we offer a PhD in Public Policy cohort every three years.
Need it online? We do that too. Special education, adult and higher education, educational psychology (with a focus in applied behavior analysis), and our ESL certificate are all offered completely online. We also offer via distance the rehabilitation counseling (using video conference sites around the state).
Want to talk to an advisor?
Browse programs by area of interest
- Adult and Higher Education
- Educational Leadership
- Educational Psychology (Applied Behavior Analysis)
- Literacy Education
- Ph.D. in Public Policy with a concentration in educational leadership and policy
- School Psychology
- Special Education
- Teacher Education - undergraduate
- Teacher Education - graduate (ETEP)
- Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages (TESOL)