The following degree and certificate programs require that students are certified teachers at the time of admission and for the duration of the program. This is because these programs may lead to certain state of Maine endorsements that require provisional or professional teacher certification.
- Certificate of Advanced Study in Educational Leadership
- Certificate of Advanced Study in Literacy Education
- Certificate of Graduate Study in Assistant Principal
- MS in Special Education, concentration in In-Service
- MSEd in Educational Leadership
- MSEd in Literacy Education
- MSEd in Teacher Leadership
What to Submit for Evidence of Teacher Certification
Applicants to these programs must submit EVIDENCE of TEACHER CERTIFICATION when applying to the program. This evidence should be a copy of your teacher certification from the state in which you are certified. Teacher certification must be at the level of provisional or professional, and not at the level of conditional certification.
Please note: In addition, applicants to the Educational Leadership Program must submit evidence of three years of classroom teaching in a K-12 setting.
Waiver of the Admission Requirement
Students seeking exemptions to either of these requirements must write a request for a waiver of the appropriate requirement that includes both an explanation and justification for the request.
Submitting Proof of Teacher Certification or a Request for a Waiver
- Mailed submissions:
Application Processing Center
University of Maine System
P.O. Box 412
Bangor, ME 04402-0412
- Electronic submissions: firstname.lastname@example.org.
REV. March, 2019