Crowd Cafe: Online Crowdsourcing Group
The 3rd Friday of every month.
The digitial scholarship groups at Boston University and Boston College are co-hosting a monthly informal gathering for people wishing to contribute to crowdsourced projects. There are opportunities to get involved for anyone regardless of their educational background, all that is required is a laptop and internet connection.
Engagement Scholarship Consortium
Annual Conference: Transforming Higher Education Through Engaged Scholarship: September 30-October 3rd
Values-Based Academic Leadership Institute
October 5th and 6th
Co-hosted by Success 4 Higher Education and the National Center for Science and Civic Engagement, this institute will be held at Broward College in Fort Lauderdale, Florida. Find registration information here.
The Coalition of Urban and Metropolitan Universities
Annual Conference: Partnering for Equity: October 22-24th
The 2018 CUMU Annual Conference challenges each of us to reflect on the changing role of our urban-serving institutions in tackling major themes through an equity lens. Learn more about the Conference and its major themes here.
NEW: A Service-Learning Certificate Program
Offered: Fall of 2018
The certificate will be offered online with some synchronous meetings and will be for high school and college faculty, undergraduate and graduate education majors, instructional designers, student life and community professionals. The certificate will cover the practical aspects of Service-Learning, both for the traditional classroom or online. For more information about the course, see the program flyer.
Call for Proposals: Education for Democracy: Innovating in Complex Times
Proposals Due: November 1st, 2018
Through a lens of the conference theme and framing questions, proposals may cover a wide variety of topics including, but not limited to:
- Civic and democratic learning pedagogies and initiatives
- Evidence-based work including community-engaged scholarship and/or research, assessment, and evaluation of service-learning and civic engagement
- Place-based initiatives such as anchor institution activities, community partnerships, and collective impact.
- Community engagement programs and practices, especially those positively impacting the priorities of student learning and success and/or equity, diversity, and inclusion.
- The role technology plays in communication, democratic expression, organizing, community development, and program management
For more details on the conference theme, session types, submission, and review process, please view the full Call for Proposals.