SMART offers customized in-service professional development for schools and districts. Activities and offerings are based on school needs and provided on-site in the school.
Professional development topics which SMART have offered include:
- Multi-Tiered Systems of Support (MTSS;RTI/Response to Intervention)
- Positive Behavioral Interventions and Supports (MTSS-B/PBIS)
- AIMSWeb training
- Adolescent development
- Mathematics interventions
- ...and more
SMART Professional Development is created in collaboration with school staff and delivered by SMART personnel with expertise in the topic(s) covered. SMART professional development does not carry university credits and this allows it to be provided at a very economical cost. Rates vary according to the topic(s) covered, presenter(s), and number of sessions.
All SMART Professional Development services are supervised by USM faculty, including:
- Rachel Brown-Chidsey, Ph.D., NCSP, a Certified School Psychological Service Provider (CSPSP), Licensed Psychologist, and Nationally Certified School Psychologist (NCSP)
- Pat Red, M.S. a certified Special Education Consultant and Maine State PBIS Facilitator
- Mark W. Steege, Ph.D., NCSP, BCBA-D, a Certified School Psychological Service Provider (CSPSP), Licensed Psychologist, Nationally Certified School Psychologist (NCSP) and Board Certified Behavior Analyst-Doctoral