Stonecoast has a proven record of fostering successful careers for alumni, as published and award-winning writers, poets, academics, and valued members of the literary community.
Stonecoast Alumni have been recognized for their extraordinary work with awards and nominations for the Pushcart Prize, Golden Heart Finalist, Missouri Review Award, Cave Canem Award, Rona Jaffe Award, and National Book Award Finalist. And they are achieving success in the literary community in many other ways.
- Appearing in Best American Essays, Best New Poets, Asimov’s Science Fiction, to name a few
- Publishing with the “Big Five” trade publishers, and also with Tin House Press, Graywolf, Bloomsbury USA, Coffee House Press, New Rivers Press, and more
- Creating and performing innovative work featuring spoken word, music, and poetry
- Advocating, in words and deeds, to advance inclusivity and social justice
- Teaching the next generation of writers and poets
Learn more about the accomplishments of our Stonecoast MFA Alumni.
“At Stonecoast I found a community that cared about the power and the importance of telling stories. The program upholds rigor and craft and always respects a writer’s individual voice.”
Jennifer Clement, President PEN International (Stonecoast, 2013)
Join a Thriving and Supportive Literary Community
When you enter Stonecoast you will be welcomed into a talented literary community and gain a lifelong network of champions for you and for your writing.
The Stonecoast Alumni Association helps maintain the spirit of community and collaboration formed during Stonecoast residencies. Events, news, and networking help alumni connect with each other, as well as with current students and faculty, and the greater literary community.
We would love to tell you more about our Stonecoast MFA community. Contact us with your questions.