THE ISE MISSION:
We serve as a resource for every student to engage in the rich education and growth found through active exchange across cultures and identities. We facilitate the exploration of critical issues around ability, class, ethnicity, gender identity, nationality, race, religion, sexual orientation, and the intersectionality of these and other identities. We are committed to building a campus community where all students can fully participate and feel valued, in an educational environment that is inclusive and safe.
Upcoming on-campus programs include:
- Chai Chats:
- Every Tuesday, 3:00-4:15pm, Student Diversity Center, Portland (Woodbury)
- Every Thursday, 3:00-4:15pm, Student Diversity Center, Gorham (Upper Brooks)
- Make Shift Coffee House
- Wednesday, October 10, 2-4pm, Student Diversity Center, Portland (Woodbury)
Interculturally-focused Student Organizations include:
- Black Organization for Student Success, a.k.a. B.O.S.S. (new!)
- Global Citizens Club (new!)
- Huskies for Reproductive Health
- Latinx Student Alliance (new!)
- Model United Nations Organization
- Native American Student Alliance (new!)
- Queer Straight Alliance
- USM Students Without Borders Association
For a complete list of student groups, including Religious and Spiritual Life organizations, go here.
Check out The Intersection, our weekly newsletter:
Click on one of our recent issues:
If you would like to receive our weekly newsletter, contact email@example.com
Explore the links to the left to learn more about Multicultural Student Resources, LGBTQ Resources, and Religious and Spiritual Life at USM.