All matriculated undergraduate and graduate students are assigned a faculty advisor and a professional advisor. Your advisors are listed in your MaineStreet account.
Faculty advisors are generally unavailable June, July and August.
SPECIAL INSTRUCTIONS FOR UNDERGRADUATE STUDENTS:
Prepare for your Advising appointment
- Go to your "Student Center" in MaineStreet to see when you are eligible to register for classes.
- Review the Core curriculum requirements in your USM catalog.
- View your "Degree Progress Report" on MaineStreet to see remaining Core and major requirements. Bring a copy with you to your advising session. Sometimes the "Degree Progress Report" has errors, due to transfer courses or changes in your program's curriculum. Be sure to check it with your advisor!
- Use the Degree Planner on the Advising Network to create an academic plan toward graduation. Fill out the planner and bring it with you to your advising session.
- Review the course schedule of next semester courses available through MaineStreet.
- Develop a tentative schedule of classes and check to see if you have met proficiencies and course prerequisites.
- Add the courses you are eligible to take to your Wish List on MaineStreet.
- Make an appointment with your advisor or attend an advising night event.
- Add the appointment/event to your calendar, so you don't forget!
Undergraduate students who have 54+ credits, please see your Faculty Advisor!
If you have any questions, please be in touch with Daniel Barton in Advising at 780-4040 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
At your Advising appointment you can expect to:
- Confirm your remaining requirements. Bring a copy of your Degree Planner and unofficial transcript to your appointment.
- Review your Wish List and discuss any changes recommended by your advisor.
- Receive your Enrollment PIN and your advisor’s approval for your course selections, which are needed to register.
After meeting with your advisor you may register for your courses using MaineStreet on your designated date and time. You may also walk-in with your signed registration worksheet or Enrollment PIN to the staff at any of the Advising Services Centers or the Registrars Office.If you have difficulty contacting your faculty advisor or do not have one listed in MaineStreet, please contact Kim Dominicus at (207)780-4120 or email@example.com