Department of Theatre Undergraduate Interview/Audition Information
Located in and supported by the vibrant arts community of the greater Portland area, we offer a Bachelor of Arts in Theatre combining an engaging liberal arts curriculum with comprehensive theatre training.
The theatre degree program at USM offers three tracks of study; each requires an interview or audition for admission to the Department of Theatre.
Applicants to the Department of Theatre must also be accepted by the University’s Office of Admissions (https://usm.maine.edu/office-of-admissions).
2019 Interview/Audition Schedule
Auditions are held in Russell Hall at the University of Southern Maine, Gorham campus
- Friday, January 25, 2019 (10am-1pm)
- Friday, February 15, 2019 (10am-1pm)
- Friday, March 8, 2019 (1pm-4pm)
- Friday, March 15, 2019 (10am-1pm)
- Friday, April 5, 2019 (1pm-4pm)
How to Interview/Audition
1) Apply to USM through the Office of Admissions (https://usm.maine.edu/admit). Please note: To be granted an interview/audition, an applicant must either be an accepted USM student or have submitted their application to the University’s Office of Admissions.
2) Submit an online Interview/Audition Request Form to the Department of Theatre, available here.
If an on-campus interview/audition is not feasible, please email Lil Campbell at firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss other options
Department of Theatre Interview/Audition Requirements
When you arrive on the Gorham campus for your Department of Theatre Interview/Audition you will have the opportunity to meet students in the program, observe classes, meet faculty and staff, and if the timing works out, watch a performance or rehearsal.
One monologue should be contemporary, and the second one may be contemporary OR classical. They both must be from published dramatic literature (no film monologues, poems, or self-written work).
We may work with you on the monologues as well as do some improvisation and/or movement exercises.
Need more info?
If you have any questions about the Department of Theatre Interview/Audition requirements, please email Department of Theatre Administrator, Lillian Campbell at email@example.com