The Office of Transitional Programs works all year to ensure prospective and current undergraduate/graduate students receive a positive and engaging experience as they transition to USM. We are located at 111 Abromson Center or email at email@example.com
Whether you are a new college student, a student returning to school or a graduate student continuing your educational experience, the Office of Transitional Programs offers many opportunities to visit campus, learn about academic programs and start your USM experience on the right foot. Let us help you get connected to the University of Southern Maine.
Transitional Programs for Current Students:
- Husky Orientation - Connect with other students at USM and meet faculty in your major. Learn what it means to be a student at USM, and complete the next steps to make sure you are ready to start the semester.
- Husky Huddles - Year round events where current USM students can come together to meet and share their experiences as a student. A staff member is always available during Husky Huddes to answer questions and make appropriate referrals to other departments. These casual gatherings take place at various times and on all campuses.
Transitional Programs for Prospective Students:
- Campus Tours - Visit campus and learn about what USM has to offer you as a student. Have a guided tour from one of Husky Ambassadors while learning about our academic and campus life opportunities.
- Open House (Fall) - Visit campus and meet faculty and staff from our undergraduate programs. Meet with leadership from our college and learn what it means to be a student at USM. Take a campus tour, visit our nursing sym-lab, and view our science labs. Meet with current students and see what USM has to offer you.
- Admitted Student Day (Spring) - A campus visit day for accepted students to come to campus and meet other newly accepted students. Connect with faculty members from our majors, learn about all the academic support services and start the orientation process.