Veterans Services

Step 3: Register and Certify Courses to the VA

When you get ready to register for courses, please be sure that the courses you plan to take apply to your academic program. If you are not sure, please confer with your academic advisor. Once you have your schedule finalized, you will need to request that your courses be certified to the VA.

Note: Chapter 31 (Voc/Rehab) students do not have to request certification. Their VA counselor initiates the process for them to receive their educational benefits,

Request for Certification

Please be sure to submit a Request for Certification to the School Certifying Official (SCO) each term that you want to use your VA benefits. Please click here to access that online request form. This "cert" request should be submitted 30 days or more before the start of the term. Late submissions or those with inaccurate information could delay your VA benefit payments.

Changes to Schedule or Major

If you change your schedule or major, please be sure to notify the SCO as soon as possible. There is a VA form to fill out when a change of major is made.

VA Benefit Payments

The SCO has no record of VA payments made directly to students. If a payment is late, please contact the VA directly at 1.888.442.4551, prompt 1, then prompt 0, to inquire. Or, submit an "Ask a Question" inquiry on the VA website. For steps on how to submit an inquiry, please click here.

To learn more about your educational benefit payments, please click here.

To return to the Educational Benefits page, please click here.