USM's Veterans Services is a resource for veterans, servicemembers, and their families. Transitioning from combat to the classroom can be challenging and so can navigating the U.S. government benefits known as the GI Bill®. USM Veterans Services is here to help. GI Bill® is a registered trademark of the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs (VA). More information about education benefits offered by VA is available at the official U.S. government Web site at https://www.benefits.va.gov/gibill.
In 2016, USM was named one of the top 25 Military Friendly public universities in the country by Military Friendly, a publication of Victory Media Inc. The University, a Servicemembers Opportunity College (SOC), was also recently chosen to join the national Peer Advisors for Veteran Education veteran-to-veteran support program that includes just 42 schools across the United States.
Additional information and resources
- No application fee for veterans or active duty service members
- In-state tuition rate for veterans, active duty service members and eligible dependents (One of the following documents is necessary for eligibility: VA Certificate of Eligibility, DD-214 (Honorable Discharge), or a Military ID/CAC)
- $2015 monthly BAH rate for full-time students
- Learn about our online programs at http://usm.maine.edu/online
- Application for Undergraduate Admission
- Application for Graduate Admission
- Application for Education Benefits
- Check out Veterans Upward Bound
- Application for Army Tuition Assistance. Please see GAE website for information about applying for TA.
Have a question that isn't answered on our site? Contact us. Thank you for your service!