Veterans Services

What do I do if I am called to Active Duty?

If a student is involuntarily called to active military duty and needs to withdraw from all university courses during the semester, they will need to do:

  • Contact the Registrar's Office to complete a Semester Leave Form. If an exception to the University Academic/Financial Withdrawal policy is needed, please provide a copy of deployment orders with the form.
  • Contact the School Certifying Official (SCO) at 207.780.5232 for assistance and information on how the deployment may affect your U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs educational benefits.
  • Please note that withdrawing from school due to an involuntary Active Duty deployment should not adversely affect your ability to return to USM when the deployment is completed.