Welcome to Healthy USM, the University's employee wellness program. Our Program offers USM employees, dependents, domestic partners, and retirees, health education programs and services.
Our mission is to educate, support, and empower members of the USM community to improve and maintain overall health and well-being through positive lifestyle choices.
The USM community will be recognized as a culture that promotes the health and well being of all its members.
Guiding Principles / Values
- We will be committed to developing the physical, emotional, social, spiritual, intellectual and occupational dimensions of wellness.
- We will promote the improvement of the health and well-being of the USM community members regardless of their health status.
- We will educate, support and empower USM community members to make lifestyle choices that enhance awareness, encourage responsible decision-making, and promote behaviors that support good health, prevention of disease, and management of chronic health problems.
- We will be champions for a University wellness culture that provides high quality accessible health promotion programs and services to improve the health, productivity and life satisfaction of its members.
- We will be committed to an inclusive process in the development of health promotion themes that focus on community impact - we will invite participation from Unions, Human Resources, Occupational Health and Safety, EAP, College of Nursing and Health Professions, Counseling, University Health, Fitness, and Recreation and other related departments.
- We will work collaboratively with the U Maine System and the health insurance carrier to lower health care costs and improve member health.
- We will develop an evaluation and improvement process to help measure the Program's effectiveness and abide by best practice, evidence based program standards and guidelines.
- We will strive to create an integrative approach to health improvement and encourage communications and collaboration between healthcare providers and USM community members.