The Scholarship is awarded annually to a select group of incoming students (“Alfond Ambassadors”) pursuing graduate degrees in one of the Maine Graduate and Professional Center collaborating academic programs, including the University of Maine Graduate School of Business, the University of Maine School of Law, and the University of Southern Maine's Muskie School of Public Service.
- Students must pursue and complete a full-time graduate degree in one of the collaborating programs associated with the Maine Graduate and Professional Center. Eligible degrees are the Master of Business Administration, Juris Doctor (JD), Master of Public Health (MPH), and Master of Policy, Planning, and Management (MPPM).
- Students must plan to begin coursework in the fall semester of the academic year. Currently enrolled students are not eligible.
- Students awarded the scholarship may not also be recipients of graduate assistantships or accept an award of work-study financial aid.
- Students may not receive full-time wages and a Scholarship simultaneously. Students may hold a part-time job as long as it does not conflict with their course work or routinely conflict with scholarship programming.
- Individuals from communities historically underrepresented in Maine’s professional landscape
- Individuals needing assistance to complete a graduate degree
- Individuals who demonstrated excellence in their undergraduate experience
- Individuals interested in interdisciplinary topics and who have a desire to work in interdisciplinary work environments in their career
- Maine residents or individuals who want to live and work in Maine long term
January 30, 2023
How to Apply
- Required application materials:
- Completed application form (see Apply Now button below)
- Resume or CV (uploaded in the application form)
- Please note that students must have submitted their completed application for their desired degree program before they can apply for and be considered for the Alfond Ambassador Scholarship.
How to Renew