Select a method to request a transcript

Don’t know what kind of transcript you want? Try our handy

Expand sections below for additional information about transcript request options

The University of Southern Maine has partnered with the National Student Clearinghouse to provide electronic transcripts for students and alumni.

  • $3.90 per transcript (to be paid by credit card) for electronic delivery,
  • The recipient will generally receive the transcript within 8 hours from the time of submission. Delivery may take longer based on demand for the service.
  • The electronic transcript must be sent directly to the third party in order to retain its “official” status.
  • Verify that the recipient will accept electronic transcripts before placing the order and provide the complete mailing address of the recipient as well as the correct email address.
  • Suggestions from the National Student Clearinghouse (NSC) to retrieve and view a transcript on the NSC:
    • Please use Adobe Reader 9 or higher.
    • Chrome users: enable PDF Viewer at chrome://settings/content

Click here to PLACE your Electronic Transcript order

If you have access to MaineStreet and have no holds on your account, you can order an official transcript from your MaineStreet Student Center (official transcripts available through the “Student Center”). Please use this visual guide or the steps listed below:

  • Login to MaineStreet
  •  Select Academics from the navigation bar on the left
  •  Select Request Transcript
  •  Select and fill out the processing options then press Submit in the bottom right.

Transcripts requested through MaineStreet are processed and mailed within 3 – 5 business days. You may check the status of your request by returning to the request page and selecting View All Requests.

Having trouble logging into MaineStreet? Contact the the University of Southern Maine Help Desk at 207-780-4029 or for assistance.

  • Complete the fillable request form: Transcript Request Form
    • Please note: If you do not know your student ID, please include your date of birth and we will be able to find your record.
  • Email or fax completed form to
  • Processed and mailed within 3-5 business days. Shipped using the US Postal Service

For an official or unofficial transcript, you may come to any of the following campus locations for in-person processing of transcripts:

  • 140 Luther Bonney Hall, Portland.
  • 107 Bailey Hall, Gorham.
  • 119 LAC, Lewiston-Auburn.

You can generate, view, and print an unofficial “Issued to Student” copy of your transcript from your Student Center in MaineStreet.

  • Login to MaineStreet
  •  Select Academics from the navigation bar on the left
  • Select View Unofficial Transcript
    • Set Career to “Undergraduate” or “Graduate”
  •  Select “View PDF” (top right corner) for a printable/save-able PDF version. Be sure to disable pop-up blockers!

The University of Southern Maine has partnered with the National Student Clearinghouse to provide official printed transcripts for students and alumni.

  • Third party printed transcripts will have the official seal of the University of Southern Maine and the signature of the Registrar.
  • Complete mailing address of the recipient is required.
  • Multiple shipping options available. Please reference the National Student Clearinghouse website for mailing options and costs.

Click here to PLACE your Secure Print Transcript order

What is a Transcript?

Your academic transcript is the record of all activity related to your academic coursework at the University of Southern Maine. This record includes a complete list of the courses you registered for, the grades and credits you earned, your major, transfer credits, and any certificates and degrees that you have received. Official transcripts also include the seal of the university and the signature of the Registrar.

The Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act of 1974 (FERPA) requires that all transcript requests be authorized by the person to whom the record belongs, either in writing or by a secured electronic authorization. Requests by telephone cannot be accepted.

I have an outstanding balance, can I still order a transcript?

Under Maine law, the University must provide current and former students their official transcript or diploma upon request, regardless of a past due balance or debt owed to the institution. Students with a record hold due to a past due balance should contact the Student Accounts Office to request a temporary removal of the hold so the student can then request their official record(s) through the University Registrar’s Office or available self-service options. Those with past due balances of $2,500 or more must enter into a payment plan before the hold is temporarily removed and their record(s) can be requested. For more information please contact Financial Services at 207-780-5250

Further questions? Contact Us

Already placed a request through the National Student Clearinghouse?