Lewiston-Auburn Campus (LAC) parking
There is open parking for visitors at LAC. No payment is required.
Portland & Gorham campus parking & payment
No parking in Staff/Faculty lots until 5pm in Portland and 3pm in Gorham. Monday to Friday. Visitors parking is subject to change. Parking is purchased via a mobile payment app. No download required. You will not be able to book parking if restricted.
Call 207-780-4718 for immediate assistance Monday to Friday 9am – 10:30pm. Stop by the parking office in Portland. Email Usmparkingservices@maine.edu
Where to park: Click here and search for Portland or Gorham
- Parking Garage 1 Abromson at 88 Bedford St.
- P6, next to the University of Maine School of Law, with entrances from Deering Ave. and Exeter St.
- Parking Garage 2 Portland Commons: You may park here from 7 a.m. – 7 p.m while using EV charging only.
- You may park in other parking lots but individual lot rules should be read and abided by before parking. Scan the QR code signage in the lot.
Gorham Campus: You may use the parking lots. Please read and abide by individual lot rules before parking. Scan the QR code signage in the lot for rules or read here Click here and search for Portland or Gorham
Taking a campus tour or visiting the Office of Admissions?
Please note that the time limit for the validation will not extend past your campus visit.
New Digital Parking System & Mobile Payments
Starting July 20, you can use your mobile device to pay for parking.
You must begin your digital parking session within 10 minutes of parking. To begin your digital parking session, use your mobile device to scan the QR code signage posted in the parking garage or parking lot. This will connect you to our digital parking system. You can then select your parking session duration and make the payment using the available payment options. Once the payment is processed, the parking session will be activated.
Entering your license plate information
- Personalized Plates: When you register your vehicle you must omit non-alphanumeric and special characters. For example, if your plate read “A B C – 123”. Enter “ ABC123 “. Examples of characters to omit include spaces, dots, dashes, hearts, stars, handprints, and snoopy.
- Vehicles without License Plates: Vehicles without a license plate must register their temporary license plate. Once you receive your vehicle’s permanent license plate you must update your account via the parking app or web access.
- Portland campus: $4/hour. Bus/Trailer $6/hour.
- Gorham campus: $1/hour. Bus/Trailer $2/hour.
Vendor fees are applied to payment transactions to provide you with a seamless and hassle-free parking experience. The fees support the maintenance and improvement of the app, ensuring reliable services and customer support. Visitors parking is subject to change. Parking is purchased via a mobile payment app/online. You will not be able to book parking if restricted.
Do you park on campus frequently?
Our Flex Pass is a great option for those who park on campus 1-2 days each week, or who use our Sullivan Gym, Costello Sports Complex, or Ice Arena. Click here to get started and search for the campus then click long term.
What to do if don’t have access to a computer or a phone
You can pay for parking in advance. Contact parking services prior to arriving on campus. If you are contacting us outside of our business hours after hours, please contact support within the payment app. Pre-arrival parking is available — this is not reserved parking.