Student Engagement & Leadership Vision
Student Engagement and Leadership empowers students to cultivate their passions through meaningful connections that strengthen personal and social development to reach their highest potential.
Student Engagement & Leadership Mission
Student Engagement and Leadership at the University of Southern Maine, with a focus on applied learning and retention, implements programs and services to:
- Meet the needs of residential, commuter, and online students, across the Gorham, Portland, and Lewiston-Auburn campuses and surrounding communities.
- Develop a holistic approach to leadership skills that encourages personal growth, self-advocacy, and positive contributions in clubs, organizations, and communities.
- Engage students by providing academic and social opportunities through new experiences, building connections, and fostering a sense of belonging.
- Continue to build a culture focused on inclusivity, diversity, equity, and accessibility in a safe and welcoming environment with no barriers.
- Advocate for student needs and passions as advisors through collaboration with students, university resources, and community partnerships to enhance the student experience.
Never Miss An Event!
Like us on Facebook
Follow us on Instagram
Stress Relief Week!
Join us for our 2022 Stress Relief Week from December 4th – December 9th! Our Stress Relief Week is a way to help students take short breaks from their workloads and avoid burnout. We strive to offer a variety of activities during this time that are aimed at relaxing and refocusing. Check out our full schedule below for a full list of events we are hosting!