Student Engagement & Leadership Vision
Student Engagement and Leadership empowers students to cultivate their passions through meaningful connections that strengthen personal and social development to reach their highest potential.
Student Engagement & Leadership Mission
Student Engagement and Leadership at the University of Southern Maine, with a focus on applied learning and retention, implements programs and services to:
- Meet the needs of residential, commuter, and online students, across the Gorham, Portland, and Lewiston-Auburn campuses and surrounding communities.
- Develop a holistic approach to leadership skills that encourages personal growth, self-advocacy, and positive contributions in clubs, organizations, and communities.
- Engage students by providing academic and social opportunities through new experiences, building connections, and fostering a sense of belonging.
- Continue to build a culture focused on inclusivity, diversity, equity, and accessibility in a safe and welcoming environment with no barriers.
- Advocate for student needs and passions as advisors through collaboration with students, university resources, and community partnerships to enhance the student experience.
Never Miss An Event!
Like us on Facebook
Follow us on Instagram
Happy Summer 2023!
Happy Summer to all our students, we will see you in the Fall at all your favorite SEAL events! Stay Tuned for upcoming Fall events that will be posted here and the Calendar of Events below!