Awarded preferably to an entering Maine state student with outstanding potential for musical performance and academic success. Established by the grandchildren of Herbert & Sally Carroll Payson
- Student must be a music major.
- Preference to a Maine state resident.
- Enrolled full time. (12 cr. Undergraduate; 6 cr. Graduate)
- Maintain a minimum cumulative GPA. ( 2.67 Undergraduate; 3.00 Graduate)
- Enroll in applied music and appropriate ensembles.
How to Apply
Faculty nomination on the basis of student application to USM and the student's Osher School of Music audition.
How to Renew
- One year, renewable up to three additional years. (Ugrd)
- One year, renewable up to one additional year. (Grad)