The Osher Scholarship Program was established in the University of Maine System in 1998 with an endowment from the Bernard Osher Foundation. This scholarship is provided in recognition of the importance of improving access to higher education for qualified students regardless of personal economic circumstances.
First Preference shall be given to students from Biddeford, Saco, Old Orchard Beach, or elsewhere in York County. Students selected as Osher Scholars must enroll in 12 credits per spring and fall semesters and maintain a 3.0 GPA.
- Renewable scholarship of $6,800.00 per year
- Students must meet admission criteria and be graduating from a York County High School.
- Students must apply for financial aid and attend full-time in order to receive this scholarship.
- Students must enroll in a minimum of 12 credits per fall and spring semesters.
- Students who have already obtained a bachelors degree are not eligible for this award.
How to Apply
- Students must be admitted to USM
- Submit a FAFSA
- Complete an application for the scholarship - please "create a new account" to access the application.
How to Renew
Continued enrollment in 12 credits per fall and spring semesters and maintain a 3.0 GPA. Students must successfully complete a minimum of 12 credits per fall and spring semesters. A typical student completes 15 credits per semester.