For questions about the new Tobacco-Free Campus policy, please check out our Frequently Asked Questions.
Read the UPDATED University of Southern Maine Tobacco Policy, effective January 1, 2013.
We are dedicated to fostering a culture of wellness through the promotion, education, and support of a tobacco-free campus to provide a safe, healthy, and clean environment for the USM Community to learn, work and live.
Tobacco Free Campus Value Statement
- Promote a cultural shift toward healthier living
- Educate USM community about tobacco use, exposure & cessation
- Provide resources, tools & training to eliminate tobacco’s harmful impact
- Collaborate with tobacco users to develop a Tobacco Free Campus plan that works toward the improved health of the environment and the community
- Visit our TFC Committee Member page to learn more about who we are.
- Check out the Tobacco-Free Campus Resources and Information page for facts and details
- Read our Frequently Asked Questions for more information.
- E-Cigarettes are not allowed under the Tobacco-Free policy. Learn more about e-cigarettes here.
- Supervisors: here are some tips for talking with your staff about the Tobacco-Free policy
- Staff: Get in touch with Healthy USM or check out Cigna's cessation resources.
- Students: Get in touch with University Health and Counseling for resources, support groups, and more to help you (or your friends!) quit.
Thanks to all the folks who contributed to our Tobacco-Free Campus Campaign poster contest!