USM provides a broad selection of rooms and facilities for your event on three campuses. We can help you build a customized event package tailored to your program budget and objectives. Whichever campus you select, we can provide a full range of services to support your event and your participants.
NEW! Your organization can receive a 20% discount on space rentals at USM by joining the USM Professional Development Programs affiliate program. This discount also applies to their 100+ courses and certificate programs offered at the Abromson Center in Portland.
- Campus Facilities & Room Rentals
- Facility and Room Set-ups
- Facility Floor Plans
- Directions, Parking, and Transportation
- Floor Plans
Choose the right venue for your event. USM gives you choices on three campuses – Portland, Gorham, and Lewiston-Auburn. Spaces range from the popular and spacious Hannaford Hall to classrooms of all shapes and sizes as well as gyms, board rooms, auditoriums, seminar rooms, and overnight rooms.
- Portland campus– Just off I 295 and centrally located near all the amenities of downtown Portland. The following spaces are very popular for larger events.
- Gorham campus– 20 minutes from Portland with the collegiate atmosphere of a small-town traditional campus.
- Lewiston Auburn Campus- 30 minutes from Augusta, 40 minutes from Portland, and 90 minutes from Bangor- USM's LAC venue can hold up to 240 people.
Please note: The University of Southern Maine approves use of its facilities and services to individuals or groups only in accordance with USM Policies and Procedures: Licensed Use of University Facilities, Grounds and Equipment.
The configuration of your room contributes to the comfort of your participants and the effectiveness of the event. We will help you choose the atmosphere, location, and room type that best meet the needs of your event. We’ll also help you choose the set-up that matches your needs and make sure it’s ready to go when your group arrives.
Having a hard time envisioning a specific set-up? We give you access to our floors plans so you can plan your rental space according to your events specific needs. Below please find a list of links to floor plans for the most frequently used facilities on campus. If you need a different floor plan for an event space, please send us an email with the request at email@example.com.
- Abromson Center, Portland (1st & 2nd floor)
- Glickman University Event Room, Portland (7th floor)
- Sullivan Gym, Portland (1st floor)
- Costello Sports Complex (1st & 2nd floor)
- WiFi - Today’s conference attendees expect that they can use their laptops, smart phones, or iPads. When you have your event on campus you are guaranteed access to our wireless high-speed network. Your conference attendees can check their email, update their blogs, upload pictures, and post on Facebook or Twitter.
- AV - We offer professional audio visual equipment with personal
attention, reliability, and support. We can coordinate:
- Knowledgeable AV technicians
- Projectors and screens
- Computer equipment
- Wired and wireless microphones
- DVD Player and LCD monitors
- CD Players
- And much more
Polycom- We can coordinate Polycom service giving you the flexibility to meet and collaborate with colleagues and partners by simultaneous two-way video and audio transmission.
When you contract with USM we will provide accurate directions and coordinate parking for event attendees. We can also coordinate your transportation needs if you have events in multiple locations.
If you like to visit the Abromson Center in Portland, just visit our directions and parking information page.
If crowd control and security are a concern for your group we can arrange for police officers to ensure the safety and comfort of your event.
As members of the Convention and Visitors Bureau, we have built solid relationships with venues throughout southern and central Maine. We can help you choose the best site for your event. We can also negotiate the best deal for your organization and bring our conference services and staff to the event. In addition, we are not limited to Maine or even New England. As experienced meeting planners, we have travelled all over the country with events and conferences.
Floor plans of USM buildings are available.
- Abromson, first floor
- Sullivan Gym
- Wishcamper Center
- University Events Room
- Gorham Field House