- Ph.D., University of South Dakota
- M.A., University of Utah
- B.A., Brigham Young University
I am an Associate Professor of Educational and School Psychology at the University of Southern Maine (USM) after practicing school psychology for four years. I practiced as a school psychologist in Minnesota and California before seeking an academic position. School psychology is a second career for me. I was a high school teacher in Florida and Georgia for six years before going to graduate school in school psychology.
My current research interests include behavioral assessment, assessment of culturally and linguistically diverse students, and the history of school psychology. I teach courses in assessment, ethics, and applied behavioral analysis.
I am constantly seeking to improve the quality of my instructional delivery methods. One of my interests is improving learning by using electronic technology and flipped classroom methodologies.
Finally, I also have enjoyed mentoring student research projects in the doctoral program at USM some of which have been presented at the National Association of School Psychologists’ annual convention.
- Behavioral Assessment
- English Learner Assessment
- History of School Psychology
- Steege, M. W., Pratt, J. L, Wickerd, G., Guare, R, & Watson, T. S. (2019). Conducting school-based functional behavioral assessments: A practitioners guide (3rd Ed.). New York, NY: Guilford Press.
- Pratt, J. L., Wickerd, G., & Steege, M. W. (2019). Generalization and maintenance. In S.G. Little, & A. Akin-Little (Eds.), Behavioral interventions in schools: Evidence-based positive strategies (2nd ed.). Washington DC: American Psychological Association.
- Hulac, D., Wickerd, G., & Vining, O. (2013). Allowing students to administer their own interventions: An application of the self-administered folding-in technique. Rural Special Education Quarterly, 32, 31-36.
- Wickerd, G. & Hulac, D. (Under Review). Generalizability and Dependability of a Multi-Item Direct Behavior Rating Scale in a Kindergarten Classroom.
- Classroom Discipline Practices: Connecting with Teacher Perspectives, National Association of School Psychologists, 2019 Annual Convention, Atlanta, Georgia
- Assessing ELLs for Learning Disabilities, National Association of School Psychologists, 2019 Annual Convention, Atlanta, Georgia