The Inclusion, Diversity, and Equity Council (IDEC) was formerly known as the Intercultural and Diversity Advisory Council (IDAC).
The council changed its name in the academic year 2020-21, when it stepped out of the President’s office to become a stand-alone council.
Anyone in the USM community may attend and participate in any or all of the four council meetings each academic year. Anyone may vote in an IDEC meeting who is an active member in an IDEC committee. Active membership is defined by each committee. Each committee, and the council itself, is led by two co-chairs, elected every two years.
IDEC is composed of:
- Co-chairs | AY2020-2021
- IDEC Students Fellows | AY2020-2021
- Steering Committee | AY2020-2021
- Associate Vice President for Equity, Inclusion and Community Impact (email to AVPEICI)
- Director of Intercultural Student Engagement (email to Dir of ISE)
- Director of Student Fellows and Students co-chairs (email to two co-chairs)
- IDEC Co-chairs
- Ex Officio Members
- Committee co-chairs
- IDEC Committee members (Students, Faculty and Staff)