The University of Southern Maine is expanding and so is our department; come and join our team as a Police Officer.
In addition to performing general policing, safety, and emergency response functions, our members enjoy the satisfaction of a close working relationship with our community. We live our USM Service Promise of being Student Focused Every Day, and we are looking for team members who understand that promise and support our values: Respect & Care, Integrity, Equity, and Responsiveness.
Public Safety, along with the University of Southern Maine and the whole University of Maine System is dedicated to building a diverse team; women, minorities, individuals with disabilities, and veterans are encouraged to apply. We also welcome applicants who are multi-lingual, as we serve a variety of different cultures and backgrounds.
The University of Maine System has excellent, unmatched benefits including:
- Tuition waiver for yourself, and discounted tuition for your spouse and eligible dependents throughout the University of Maine System!
- Excellent healthcare benefits with low out-of-pocket expenses
- Participation in the Maine Public Employees Retirement System, and/or a 403b retirement plan with excellent employer contribution
- Long and short-term disability insurance
- Discounted home, auto, and even pet insurance
- And much more!
Certified rate: $25.25/hour.
Non-certified (or part-time certified) rate: $22.73/hour.
Applicants who are certified as law enforcement officers in a state other than Maine may be eligible for a waiver from the Maine Criminal Justice Academy.
For more detailed information, including qualifications, or to apply, please visit: https://usm.hiretouch.com/job-details?jobID=79620…