You can browse courses by using the Course Search function or by visiting MaineStreet and accessing Class Search (the first item under Quick Links on the lefthand menu). Once in Class Search, select Summer 2019 for term and just click "Search" to view the full list of courses. If you know what you'd like to take, submit a Request to Register!
- Summer 2019 Undergraduate Courses
- Summer 2019 Graduate Courses
- Summer 2019 Undergraduate Online Courses
- Summer 2019 Graduate Online Courses
- March 4th, 2019 - Priority registration for matriculated USM & UMS students
- March 6th, 2019 - Open registration
- Please note that registration continues until a course begins, on a space available basis.
- May 15th, 2019 - Summer payment deadline
- May 20th - August 23rd, 2019: Summer Session (14 weeks)
- May 20th - June 14th, 2019: Session I (4 weeks)
- May 20th - July 5th, 2019: Session I (7 weeks)
- July 8th - August 2nd, 2019: Session II (4 weeks)
- July 8th - August 23rd, 2019: Session II (7 weeks)
- Many courses will not fit these exact session dates, such as one week intensive courses.
- May 27th & July 4th, 2019: The university is closed in observance of the holiday.
Drop & Withdrawal Dates:
- Four Week - 1st Session: Refund: 5/23; W Grade: 6/3
- Seven Week - 1st Session: Refund: 5/26; W Grade: 6/17
- Four Week - 2nd Session: Refund: 7/11; W Grade: 7/22
- Seven Week - 2nd Session: Refund: 7/14; W Grade: 8/5
- Regular Academic Session: Refund: 6/3; W Grade: 7/16
Looking for something different? Check out our unique summer programs!
Home for the Summer?
Take a course at USM! Transferring credits from USM to your home institution is easy because USM is accredited by the New England Association of Schools and Colleges. Check with your advisor or Registrar’s office at your home institution to find out how a USM course will transfer into your academic program. Once you have completed the course, you can request to have a transcript sent to your home institution.
Please note that students can self-register through the end of the first day of a class; beyond that, they will need instructor permission and assistance. When considering dropping or withdrawing from a course, students can find the specific deadlines by accessing the calendar icon on their class schedule in the MaineStreet Student Center. These dates vary course by course, depending on the exact start date. The financial adjustment policy for dropped courses will be found here.