The Boulos Veterans Promise Completion Scholarship was established in 2019 with a generous gift from Mr. and Mrs. Joe and Sheri Boulos of Falmouth, Maine and is an expansion of the USM Promise Scholarship. This scholarship brings together both financial and career-orientated resources for veteran scholars, coordinated through the USM Promise Scholarship Program. Specifically, Boulos Veteran Scholars within reach of graduation are provided with a “fill-in-the-gap” scholarship that covers up to 100% of the cost of USM tuition and fees to help veteran scholars persist to graduation. In addition to the financial support, each veteran scholar will be matched with a professional mentor to receive career-focused support to ensure veteran scholars feel well-prepared and confident in their transition to their desired career field.
- Be a USM Veteran with a Certificate of Eligibility from the VA, who has exhausted GI benefits or whose benefits are less than the 100% eligibility rate (or) be a USM Veteran who received honorable discharge (determined by producing the DD-214 form);
- Be a matriculated undergraduate student with 30 or fewer credits to degree completion (or) a matriculated graduate student with 12 or fewer credits to degree completion;
- Demonstrate financial need;
- Be in good academic standing at the time of the application;
- Be a first-generation college student (preferred)
How to Apply
All applications and supplemental materials should be submitted electronically to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Any questions related to the application process should be directed to the Promise Scholarship Program Coordinator at the email listed above or call 207-780-4199.
Applicants should submit the following:
• Completed and signed application form
• FAFSA form (if eligible)
• VA documentation as required
There are two application cycles annually for this scholarship. Students may apply by March 15th for an award beginning in the fall semester or by October 15th for an award beginning in the spring.
UM Law Students are not eligible for this scholarship.
How to Renew
If I am accepted as a Boulos Veteran Promise Scholar, I agree to:
- Be paired and regularly meet with a professional mentor within your desired field to identify career focused goals, develop career preparedness and expand your professional network
- Be an active participate in related program events, services and workshops
- Remain in good academic standing through degree completion
- Maintain continuous enrollment through degree completion (summer semester excluded)