- Awarded to first-year students based on academic achievement, demonstrated leadership skills, or other criteria.
- Annual Award: In State $4,000 Out of State $12,000
- First year student merit scholarships are awarded up to 4 years with full-time enrollment (15 credit hours per semester)
- Students whose GPA is over a 3.5 at the time of admission could be eligible for this award.
- The University of Southern Maine uses a 4.0 scale to determine scholarship eligibility. If a student's GPA is not on a 4.0 scale we will convert it using the specific school's profile.
Students must complete their entire USM application. This includes: application fee, official high school transcript, official SAT or ACT scores, letter of recommendation and completed personal statement (essay).
How to Apply
All qualified incoming first-year students who apply are automatically considered. Students must complete their entire application. This includes: application fee, official high school transcript, official SAT or ACT test scores, letter of recommendation and completed personal statement (essay).
How to Renew
Maintain full-time enrollment and a 2.5 GPA.
Questions on Renewal should be directed to Elizabeth Sarazin at email@example.com or 207-780-5330