Awarded to graduates of Maine Community Colleges who are continuing their education after receiving their Associate's degree.
Annual Award: $1,000
- Students admitted through the ConnectED Pathways program or have an Associates Degree from a Maine Community College and do not qualify for a merit scholarship of greater value.
- Cannot be combined with other merit scholarships. Students are only eligible for one non-need based scholarship from USM.
- Students who already earned a bachelors degree are not eligible for this scholarship.
How to Apply
All qualified incoming transfer students who complete a USM application — including your official college and high school transcripts if you have yet not earned an associates degree — and submit their FAFSA will be automatically considered.
How to Renew
- Maintain full-time enrollment (minimum 12 credits Fall and Spring semesters) and a 2.0 GPA.
- Awards to transfer students with 30 or more transferrable credits can be used for a maximum of six (6) semesters within a period of four (4) years, commencing with the term of initial enrollment.
Questions on renewal should be directed to Nancy Varin via email or call 207-780-5330.