Awarded to graduates of Maine Community Colleges who are continuing their education after receiving their Associate's degree.
Annual Award: $1,000
- Students admitted through the ConnectED Pathways program or have an Associates Degree from a Maine Community College and do not qualify for a merit scholarship of greater value.
- Cannot be combined with other merit scholarships. Students are only eligible for one non-need based scholarship from USM.
- Students who already earned a bachelors degree are not eligible for this scholarship.
Associate’s degree must be on record with the Office of Admission (by receipt of an official transcript) by the end of the Add/Drop period of the student’s first semester. ConnectEd Pathways scholarships cannot be awarded after this deadline.
How to Apply
All qualified incoming transfer students who complete a USM application — including your official college and high school transcripts if you have yet not earned an associates degree — and submit their FAFSA will be automatically considered.
How to Renew
- Maintain full-time enrollment (minimum 12 credits Fall and Spring semesters) and a 2.0 GPA.
- Awards to transfer students with 30 or more transferrable credits can be used for a maximum of six (6) semesters within a period of four (4) years, commencing with the term of initial enrollment.
Questions on renewal should be directed to Nancy Varin via email or call 207-780-5330.
Director of Admissions