This scholarship, established in 2004 by Dr. and Mrs. Newell Augur, Jr. is awarded preferably to an entering Maine state student with outstanding potential for musical performance and academic success. Student will be designated as an Augur Scholar.
- Student must be a music major
- Enrolled full time. (12 cr. Undergraduate; 6 cr. Graduate)
- Recipient is a resident of the state of Maine.
- Maintain a minimum cumulative GPA. ( 2.67 Undergraduate; 3.00 Graduate)
- Enroll in applied music and appropriate ensembles.
How to Apply
Faculty Nomination on the basis of student application to USM and the student's Osher School of Music audition.
How to Renew
One year, renewable up to three additional years.