This scholarship fund was established at the University of Southern Maine Foundation in 2007 with a gift from the estate of Madeleine Giguère. The scholarship is funded by the proceeds of the endowment and the number and size of awards may be adjusted over time.
- Must be enrolled in, or applying to, a degree program at USM, including graduate programs.
- Must be enrolled in at least 6 credits in each semester that scholarship is awarded.
- Minimum GPA 2.8
- Will be awarded based on financial need determined by completing FAFSA.
- The recipient is chosen on the basis of demonstrated interest in the local Franco-American community.
- Students must submit a reference.
How to Apply
- Complete application, including a reference.
- Complete a 1-2 page statement outlining your interest in, or connection to, Maine's Franco-American community and attach it to the application. You may include family background, career goals or academic interest.
How to Renew
Please re-apply for renewal