- Awarded to transfer students based on academic achievement, demonstrated leadership skills, or other criteria.
- Annual Award:
- In State $1,000
- Out of State $9,000
- Transfer student merit scholarships are awarded to students with full-time enrollment (12 or more credit hours per fall and spring semester) and a GPA of 3.5 or higher.
- Students must complete a USM application. Including the submission of their official college transcripts and high school transcript if they have not earned an associates degree already.
- Only first time Bachelor's Degree seekers are eligible for Merit Scholarships.
- Students admitted conditionally are not eligible for Merit Scholarships.
- Students must take a minimum of 12 credits during Fall and Spring semesters.
How to Apply
All qualified incoming transfer students who complete a USM application — including your official college and high school transcripts if you have not earned an associates degree — will be automatically considered.
How to Renew
- Maintain full-time enrollment (minimum 12 credits Fall and Spring semesters) and a 2.0 GPA.
- Awards to transfer students with 30 or more transferrable credits can be used for a maximum of six (6) semesters within a period of four (4) years, commencing with the term of initial enrollment.
- Awards to transfer students with fewer than 30 transferrable credits can be used for a maximum of eight (8) semesters within a period of five (5) years, commencing with the term of initial enrollment.
Questions on renewal should be directed to Nancy Varin via email or call 207-780-5330.