USM is proud to offer two ReEntry Scholarships, both programs are designed to support student who have experienced a cumulative gap in their education of 5 or more years.
The Osher ReEntry Scholarship was established at the USM Foundation in 2009 with a gift from the Bernard Osher Foundation.
The CrankStart ReEntry Scholarship was established at the USM Foundation in 2021 with a gift from the Crankstart Foundation.
- Students have experienced a cumulative gap in their education of 5 or more years
- Students are at the undergraduate level and pursuing their first baccalaureate degree, either full or part-time (minimum enrollment of 6 credit hours per semester).
- Students may not be enrolled in exclusively online programs. Online courses are allowed, provided students are not enrolled exclusively online.
- Students anticipate participation in the workforce for a significant period of time subsequent to graduation
- Demonstrated financial need, not necessarily on their FAFSA
- Academic promise and commitment to obtaining their degree
- For Osher ReEntry Scholarship applicants, students must be enrolled 50% of their credits in-person each semester.
How to Apply
Submit Reentry Scholarship application, including a statement of educational purpose and a statement of financial need. Once a student has applied, their are considered for either the Osher or CrankStart ReEntry Scholarship, students cannot receive both scholarships.
How to Renew
Submit renewal Reentry Scholarship application, including a statement of educational purpose and a statement of financial need.