- Awarded to first-year merit award recipients who have indicated their intention to live on campus at the time of application.
- Annual Award:
- Scholarships are payable in equal amounts for fall and spring semesters.
- Students must complete a USM application and indicate housing interest at time of application.
- Students must take a minimum of 12 credits during Fall and Spring semesters.
- Scholarship eligibility requires living on campus.
How to Apply
All qualified incoming first year students who complete a USM application, and who have indicated housing interest at time of application, will be considered.
How to Renew
- Maintain full-time enrollment (minimum 12 credits Fall and Spring semesters) and a 2.0 GPA.
- Continued status as a residential student.
- Awards to first-year students can be used for a maximum of eight (8) semesters within a period of five (5) years, commencing with the term of initial enrollment.
Questions on renewal should be directed to Nancy Varin via email or call 207-780-5330.
Assistant Director of Admissions