***Submission of the required immunization records is needed prior to registering for classes.***
Maine Post-Secondary School Immunization Compliance Requirement
The Maine Post-Secondary School Immunization Law (22 MRSA §6359) requires that students who are born
after 1956 who attend school full time or who are candidates for a degree or a diploma or graduate certificate
(part-time students who are degree candidates are included under this definition) submit documentation of the following
- 2 doses of Measles, Mumps, Rubella (MMR) vaccine given after the first birthday.
- 1 dose of Tetanus/Diptheria (Td) or Tetanus/Diptheria/Pertussis (Tdap) given within the last 10 years.
We will need a signed or stamped record of these immunizations preferably from your primary care provider (PCP) but
will also accept suitable records from your high school, college or military base. The records will need to clearly identify
the specific dates that the immunizations were administered.
The deadline for immunization record submission for students being admitted in the Fall semester is October 1 st.
The deadline for immunization record submission for students being admitted in the Spring semester is March 1 st.
Failure to comply with this requirement will result in a hold being placed on your Student Account which will
prevent you from being able to register for the next semester’s classes.
Options for Those Lacking Required Immunization Record Documentation:
1. Set-up an appointment with your PCP or USM Health & Counseling Services (780-5411) to be vaccinated.
2. Set-up an appointment with your PCP or USM Health & Counseling Services (780-5411) to have blood drawn for
a MMR titer that verifies your immunity to all 3 of these diseases.
3. Download, sign and submit an objection waiver for religious, medical or personal reasons (Objection Waiver).
If you choose this option, please be aware that in the event of a measles, mumps or rubella outbreak on campus,
you could be required to leave campus until the outbreak is declared to be over.
For your convenience, our Immunization Form is available to you for download. You are welcome to submit this form to your PCP with a request that they complete, sign and fax it to USM Health & Counseling Services.
Please submit your Immunization Record documentation to:
USM Health & Counseling Services
37 College Ave
156 Upton Hall
Gorham, ME 04038