Please note: You must submit required immunization records prior to registering for classes.
Maine Post-Secondary School Immunization Compliance Requirement
The Maine Post-Secondary School Immunization Law (22 MRSA §6359) requires that students who are born after 1956 who attend school full time or who are candidates for a degree or a diploma or graduate certificate (part-time students who are degree candidates are included under this definition) submit documentation of the following immunizations:
- 2 doses of Measles, Mumps, Rubella (MMR) vaccine given after first birthday.
- 1 dose of Tetanus/Diphtheria (Td) or Tetanus/Diphtheria/Pertussis (Tdap) given within the last 10 years.
We need a signed or stamped record of these immunizations preferably from your primary care provider (PCP). We will also accept suitable records from your high school, college or military base. The records will need to clearly identify the specific dates that the immunizations were administered.
The deadline for immunization record submission for students admitted in the Fall semester is October 1st.
The deadline for immunization record submission for students admitted in the Spring semester is March 1st.
Failure to comply with this requirement will result in a hold being placed on your Student Account. You will not be able to register for next semester’s classes.
If You Lack Required Immunization Record Documentation, please do one of the following:
1. Set-up an appointment with your PCP or USM Health & Counseling Services (207-780-5411) to be vaccinated
2. Set-up an appointment with your PCP or USM Health & Counseling Services (207-780-5411) to have blood drawn for an MMR titer that verifies your immunity to all 3 of these diseases.
3. If you have a religious, philosophical, or medical objection to immunizations, please callUSM Health & Counseling Services (207-780-5411) to discuss your options.
For your convenience, our Immunization Verification Form is available to you for download. You are welcome to submit this form to your PCP with a request that they complete, sign and fax it to USM Health & Counseling Services.
Please submit your Immunization Record documentation to:
USM Health & Counseling Services
37 College Ave
156 Upton Hall
Gorham, ME 04038