Welcome to USM Mail Services!
The USM Mail Services department is responsible for distributing all inter and intra campus mail as well as US Postal Service mail and packages received from external carriers (UPS, FedEx, etc.) Mail Services also posts outgoing departmental mail and packages.
Some general mailing guidelines:
- Internal departments must have a PeopleSoft Barcode to process any outgoing mail.
- All personal mail requires a stamp.
- The use of University postage for private use is prohibited by USM policy and Maine State Law.
- Personal stamped mail 13 oz and above must be taken to the post office to be mailed by the sender according to current Postal Regulations.
- The staff of the campus mail centers will consult with any department preparing or designing mailing pieces to assure that they comply with USPS regulations.
Please feel free to contact University Mail Services at any time with questions, comments, or concerns you may have!