August 15th - Deadline for undergraduate applications (and all supporting materials) for Fall 2018 admission consideration.
Undergraduate Appeal Process
Undergraduate applicants who were denied admission may appeal the decision by following these steps:
1. Write an email to the Director of Admissions, Rachel Morales at firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject “Appeal”; or write a letter to:
Director of Admissions
University of Southern Maine
PO Box 9300
Portland, ME 04104
2. Provide an explanation of the reasons for the appeal and include any additional documentation (i.e. academic information including test scores, additional grades, or a resume) that may be relevant.
3. Please be sure to provide a return email or mailing address.
The appeal will be reviewed by the Director of Admissions and at least one other senior Admissions staff member. We will respond as soon as a decision is reached.
Graduate Appeal Process
Applicants may appeal an admissions decision by submitting a written appeal to the chair or director of the appropriate program within 10 working days of receipt of the admission decision letter. The appeal will be reviewed by the chair or director, or the appropriate graduate program admissions committee, and the chair or director will notify the student of action taken on the appeal, within 10 working days of receipt of the appeal. Should the student wish to pursue the appeal process further, a written appeal may be submitted to the provost. The applicant's appeal letter should include all information she or he believes should be taken into account in reviewing the decision. The applicant will be informed of the decision of the Provost within 10 working days of the receipt of the appeal. Applicants who have questions on this appeal process should contact the assistant dean of Graduate Studies at (207) 780-4812 for assistance.
The following information is provided to maintain compliance with the US Department of Education Gainful Employment Programs Disclosure regulations. Information will be regularly updated as new data becomes available. For any questions regarding the information on this site, please contact Rachel Morales, Director of Admissions, at 207-780-5670 or email@example.com
- Post Master's Certificate of Advanced Study in Counseling
- Post Master's Certificate of Advanced Study in Adult Learning
- Post Master's Certificate of Advanced Study in Educational Leadership
- Certificate of Advanced Study in English as a Second Language
- Post Master's Certificate of Advanced Study in Literacy Education
- Post Master's Certificate of Advanced Study in Nursing