In partnership with the Greater Portland METRO, the University of Southern Maine (USM) provides free Portland-Gorham campus transit service via the Husky Line, featuring a Wi-Fi-enabled natural gas fleet of buses.
You can board the METRO Husky Line on campus in Portland or Gorham, as well as at additional stops in Portland, Westbrook, and Gorham.
As an additional benefit for all USM students, staff, and faculty, you can access all Greater Portland METRO lines for free with your USM Campus ID Card.
What You Need to Ride
- The METRO Husky Line is a public transit service, so you’ll need to show your USM Campus ID Card each time you ride. Please note that Southern Maine Pathways Students (SMCC) cannot board the bus with their USM ID Card. They must use their SMCC card to ride.
- The USM Campus ID Card also enables all USM students, staff, and faculty to ride the entire METRO system for free.
- Important: If a USM Campus ID Card is not presented while boarding, the cost will be $1.50 or more per ride on any of the METRO service lines, including the Husky Line.
- Always check for the latest updates from METRO regarding service frequency and route changes. For the 2022-2023 winter break, service will be temporarily reduced to every 45 minutes.
Deboarding: To signal to the bus driver that you want to get off at the next stop, you must pull the cord.
- Click the plus sign next to the following topics for more information.