Here are reporting resources for issues in residence hall rooms or buildings, or for reporting incidents on campus.

Maintenance Issues

If at any time you are unsure of where to submit an issue, please contact us and we can assist in connecting you with the right tools.

For emergency maintenance items, please contact your RA or RD, or if no one is available, contact USM Public Safety at 207-780-5211. Examples of emergency situations are:

  • Overflowing toilets
  • All lights out in your room
  • No electricity in your room
  • A broken window
  • Immediate safety issues
  • Doors unable to close
  • Complete lack of heat

To submit an electronic work request, log into your MyCampus portal ( go to the Technology & Resources link at the top of the page, and click on Facilities Management. On their site, select “Facilities Management Forms” and then “Facilities Management Request Form”. Follow the dropdown menus and select the applicable fields. Important tip: Always put your room number and hall name in the detailed Description box, along with the details of the problem.

You should always select the Maintenance/repair request type. If there are any questions or if further assistance is needed, please contact Facilities Management. Some issues that will require your Resident Director to submit a request on your behalf include lost keys/lock changes.

This form is for non-emergency maintenance and repair requests to Facilities Management. Some examples of non-emergency requests would be:

  • Replacing a light bulb
  • Room is too hot or too cold
  • An outlet is not working
  • A window screen is missing
  • A window blind or shade is broken or missing
  • A bathroom sink, toilet, or shower is running, but not flooding
  • There is a mess that needs to be cleaned up, paper towels need restocking
  • Microfridge repair or replacement

For 24/7/365 Support:

  • Call:  833-548-8632 (Add to your contacts for easy access)
  • Text:  “MyStream2” to 84700
  • Chat:
  • FAQ’s:

Laundry machine problems – You can report an issue directly here.

You will need the machine ID number and the error code or issue.

Feel free to stop by Card Services in the Upton Hall Basement (next to Mail Services), or reach out to your Resident Director. If it is an emergency, or it is after hours, please contact USM Public Safety at 207-780-5211.

For lost keys and locks that are not working properly, please connect with your RA, RD, or Residential Life.  If it is an emergency, please contact USM Public Safety at 207-780-5211.

Report an issue by contacting the Technology Support Center.

Incident Reporting Forms

This form should be used by USM students, faculty and staff to report incidents of bias based on, but not limited to, race, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship status, age, disability, genetic information, and veterans status.

If this is an emergency, please call Public Safety at 207-780-5211; otherwise, please submit this report and a staff person will address the issue as soon as possible.