This award is for graduate students at USM. Scholarships are awarded in variable amounts of up to $3,000 per academic year, and are based on a holistic review taking into consideration financial need, academic performance, and contributions to the USM community.
The Office of Graduate Studies Scholarship has three cycles:
- For Spring (2024)
- Applications are accepted September 1 - November 1, 2023
- For the Next Academic Year (Fall 2024 - Spring 2025) - PRIORITY
- Applications are accepted November 1 - December 15, 2023
- For the Next Academic Year (Fall 2024 - Spring 2025)
- Applications are accepted December 16, 2023 - May 1, 2024
The Office of Graduate Studies also offers a Summer Scholarship. Find more information here.
To qualify, students must:
- be matriculated in a master's or doctoral degree at USM
- be in good academic standing with a GPA of 3.0 or better
- be enrolled in at least 6 graduate credits per semester
- have completed the FAFSA (non US citizens need not complete)
Note: Students enrolled in Online Maine (OLME) programs are ineligible for the Office of Graduate Studies scholarship. These programs include: Accelerated online programs in TESOL, Special Education, Educational Leadership, Curriculum and Instruction, Nursing Administration, and Nursing Education.
How to Apply
To apply please submit your application through this form.
How to Renew