- Advance your career: Special education teachers are in high demand in the state of Maine, across the U.S., and abroad.
- Focus on teaching: Our graduates are prepared to teach in K-12 schools.
- No GRE or Praxis requirement: Our master’s programs do not require the GRE to apply.
- Study where you are: All our degrees and certificates are offered in an online environment.
- Study at your pace: Each of our programs can be completed on a part-time or full-time basis.
Field Experiences: Each program option offers different types of field experiences such as internships, theory to practice, and strategies for learners and the classroom.
Learn more: Read about our program requirements, course sequence, and application information.
Our degree and certificate programs are designed for:
- Pre-service teachers: You can earn your initial special education certification. In the Integrated concentration you can even earn dual certification in both special education and general education or secondary education.
- Practicing teachers: You can choose to focus on effective instruction through an accelerated program with 7-week classes or in a flexible option in 15-week classes.
- A Certificate of Graduate Study leads toward state Gifted and Talented Education endorsement.