Welcome to the USM Strengths Advising Resource page. We are using Strengths Based advising to engage our students in early advising conversations and as students progress through their undergraduate degree. A few words from our Director of Academic Advising, Beth Higgins Ed.D.
Strengths-based advising assists students in cultivating their strengths as well as helps them discover ways to apply their strengths to their learning environment both inside and outside the classroom walls. This approach helps students identify future possibilities while creating an action plan to reach their goals. By connecting students to their strengths, advisors promote success by helping students enhance their motivation, confidence and engagement in their learning and future.
- Beginning Strengths Conversations
- Strengths Code Request Form
- Academic Recovery/Learning Strategies
- Questions for Each Phase of Strengths-Based Advising - Laurie Schreiner, Ph.D.
- Brief Descriptions of 34 Talent Themes
- Long Descriptions of 34 Talent Themes
- YouTube: Gallup Strengths Center
- Strengths Coaches' Playbook
- NACADA Journal: Strengths-Based Advising