The Department of Environmental Science & Policy (ESP) is an interdisciplinary unit offering a B.A. in Environmental Planning & Policy, a B.S. in Environmental Science and an Environmental Science major with a Secondary Teacher Education Track (6 – 12).
We have transfer agreements with Maine community colleges (YCCC, KVCC & SMCC).
Our curriculum prepares students for a variety of professional roles in the environmental field as well as for graduate school.
As an ESP student, you will:
- Participate in classes designed to be hands-on, focusing on identifying and solving local and regional environmental problems.
- Learn to analyze environmental data and problems in the field and work with diverse community, government, and industry interests.
- Have professors who care about you and your career.
- Work with environmental professionals through our internship program.
- Develop a portfolio that can be shown to prospective employers and graduate schools.
- Become part of a community through field immersion weekend, collaborative projects, and student group activities.