“I really liked the fact that there was a lot of freedom with my electives that allowed me to focus on advising and counseling.” – Judi Brewer
Recommended Coursework for Focused Areas of Study
The following shows the different areas of interest you could pursue through coursework in the Adult and Higher Education programs.
Required, Introductory Core Courses
- HRD 600 History & Philosophy of Adult Education (MS, CAS)
- HRD 631 The Adult Learner (MS, CAS)
- EDU 600 Research Methods and Techniques (MS)
Required, Final Year Courses
- CAS Program: HRD 685 CAS Completion Project
- MS Degree Program:
- Field Study Course: HRD 687 Internship OR HRD 698 Directed Study
- HRD 649 Capstone Seminar in Adult & Higher Education
- HRD 685, HRD 687, and HRD 698 require advance planning and development of a proposal. Instructor approval is needed for enrollment.
The following are areas of focus that you could choose through middle core and elective courses.