Find Your Perfect Study Spot
The USM Libraries provides many different types of study spaces. Whether you prefer studying in comfortable chair with your feet up, or together with friends in a study room, we’ve got you covered.
Find the space with a noise level that works for your study style:
Some noise, talking in groups, inconsistent, conversational, phones on vibrate.
- Glickman: 1st Floor, 2nd Floor, 3rd Floor.
- Gorham: 1st Floor.
- LAC: Main library area.
Hushed, muted, phones on vibrate or silent.
- Glickman: 4th floor, 5th Floor, 7th Floor.
- LAC: Cubicles towards the far end of the library.
No noise, phones on silent or turned off.
- Glickman: 6th Floor, Great Reading Room on 7th Floor.
- Gorham: 2nd Floor.
Find the space that fits your study vibe.
These are areas perfect for informal study, independent study, and group study:
- Study Chairs are located on all levels in all three libraries.
- Large Study Tables are located
- Great Reading Room has well lit tables and and comfortable chairs in a silent study space.
We have a variety of private study rooms for individuals and groups. They have whiteboards, tables, and power supply. The rooms are located throughout the libraries with eight available in Glickman, five in Gorham, and two in Lewiston-Auburn.
Group Study rooms may be reserved by current USM Students, Faculty and Staff.
Nooks and Crannies:
There are many more places to study around the libraries. You can find comfy chairs, tables, and other spots tucked away all over the library. If you haven’t had a chance to find your perfect spot to study in the library, come by and check us out. We would love to see you.