Florence University of the Arts and its related schools are located in important historic palaces throughout Florence’s city center. Florence is a bustling, beautiful city in Italy’s Tuscany region. Considered the birthplace of the Renaissance, the Historic Center of Florence is a UNESCO World Heritage Site. With incredible architecture, museums, and art galleries, it is no surprise that the city is known for its strong sense of culture and beauty.
Students can take courses from the schools listed below.
- APICIUS: International School of Hospitality
- DIVA: School of Digital Imaging and Visual Arts
- FAST: School of Fashion and Accessory Studies and Technology
- IDEAS: School of Interior Design, Environmental Architecture and Sustainability
- ISB: International School of Business
- J SCHOOL: School of Journalism, Communication and Publishing
- SAS: School of Arts and Sciences
- SQUOLA: Center for Cultural and Italian Studies
- School Of Graduate Studies
FUA requires students to have a minimum GPA of 2.75 and English proficiency.
FUA’s Academic Term:
- Fall semester runs from end of August to mid-December.
- Spring semester runs from late January to mid-May.
FUA’s Summer/Winter Programs
Florence University of the Arts also offers a variety of summer term and winter term programs with various lengths and topics.
Housing at FUA
Housing is arranged by FUA in student apartments throughout Florence. Students do have the option to live with a host family as well.
Students who attend FUA pay a reduced rate for tuition and fees. There are budget sheets available in the Office of International Programs to provide a comprehensive estimate of the cost of tuition, housing, and personal expenses.
Visas are required for students studying in Italy for ninety days or longer. Information regarding the visa can be found here.