Upon graduating with your BS in Nursing, you will be eligible to sit for the National Council Licensure Examination for Registered Nurses (NCLEX-RN®). Our graduates routinely pass above the national average on the exam. At the School of Nursing, you will:
- Expand your knowledge and skill set, and develop your professional identity, guided by expert faculty.
- Practice your skills with both traditional and state-of-the-art technology in our simulation labs.
- Provide direct supervised care to individuals through clinicals at renowned hospitals.
- Engage in enriching community-based clinical experiences.
- Have access to international travel opportunities.
- Participate in a 154-hour intensive practicum that will help you transition into professional nursing practice.
- Be supported by dedicated academic advisors, who guide you through each semester’s course selection process.
- Connect with fellow nursing students through cohorts. Our BS in Nursing and Accelerated BS Program combine groups of students together in cohorts. You’ll take a similar course sequence as your peers, so you’ll learn together and graduate together.
Approval and Accreditation
Our pre-licensure programs are approved by the Maine State Board of Nursing. The bachelor’s and master’s nursing programs are accredited by the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (CCNE), 655 K St NW, Washington, DC, 20001 (202) 887-6791.